Aluminium may have one disadvantage. It does not look like wood. And at some locations , and for some projects , this look is very important. The solution is Wood decoration. Manufacturers process the aluminium with a unique technology , so that it will look like wood. That doubles the benefit to customers: They get the wood look that they want and the durability of high-quality aluminium.
Unique sublimation technology
Giving aluminium a wood-look is not that simple. However , by using a special base coating and a unique sublimation technology , the result would be durable and flexible. This process is carried out in five specialized steps:
1. At first a base layer with open pores is applied , according to the Qualicoat standards.
2. The profile is then wrapped in foil. The inside of this foil consists of a printed wood grain.
3. A vacuum is created in the foil and then wrapped profile is put into a furnace for 6 minutes.
4. This separates the ink from the foil. The ink penetrates into the base layer.
5. During cooling , the pores of the base layer are closed.
Pioneer manufacturers of this type of wood decoration made of aluminium continue to invent new applications of this technology. Nowadays 12 different types of wood can be imitated perfectly , and numerous other finishes are also possible. In addition , profiles continue to be suitable for both the interior and exterior applications after such a treatment.