The WA600-8 is certified Tier 4-Final , and reduces fuel consumption by 13 percent over the Tier 3 predecessor. The capacity of the standard bucket has been increased to 9.2 cubic yards.
The 529-horsepower Komatsu SAS6D170E-7 engine uses a Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter and other after-treatment , and 98 percent of the regeneration is passive , the company says. Smart Loader Logic combines with an enhanced lockup torque converter that activates in 2nd , 3rd and 4th gear.
The cab features a new air-suspension , heated seat , and seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers.
Variable Traction Control system and Modulated Clutch system provide optimal tractive effort for various ground conditions , the company says.
Komatsu WA600-8 Specifications:
• Operating weight: 122,268-124,473 pounds
• Net horsepower: 529 @ 1,800 rpm
• Bucket capacity: 8.4-9.2 cubic yards
• Hinge pin height: 18 feet 7 inches
• Static tipping load: 84,261-83,855 pounds